First Lines Literary Quiz
If you are a bit of a bookworm then you should breeze through this quiz.
However if you're like most of us then you will recognise many of these and they will 'ring a bell', but it will be hard to place just where they come from!
However give it a little thought and the answers to most of these should come to you as they are all the first lines from very famous books and works of literature. Read on for the free quiz...
2) The primroses were over.
3) "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."
4) It was a pleasure to burn.
5) "The drought had lasted now for ten million years, and the reign of the terrible lizards had long since ended."
6) Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.
7) In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my head ever since.
8) It was love at first sight.
Once you've finished tackling the First Lines Literary Quiz, then it's time to check your answers!
|Share on Twitter|